Selena: 20 Years Of Music Collection
With informative, in-depth, backgrounds to each disc. Along with my personal reviews of all 10 titles. Plus a retrospective on Selena's 20 years of music.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE from EMI LATIN:
SELENA “20 AÑOS DE MUSICA”
(20 YEARS OF MUSIC)
A world-class re-issue of her albums, with new photographs, redesigned artwork, and commentary narrated by members of her band and her family, relating anecdotes of how the songs were created and what they were thinking in those moments. Also to be issued is a Greatest Hits compilation and her first collection of videos in DVD format, accompanied by a documentary of her life.
On August 27 the most complete musical anthology of Selena will see the light of day. Released in three phases and with a total of 10 albums, “20 Años de Música” encompasses every album from the career of the Queen of Tejano Music, going back to her beginnings, and continuing through her rise to stardom. It includes all of the hits that helped her sell over 16 million units in a two-decade career.
The first two phases center on the Limited Edition re-issue of her first nine original albums, including the “Selena” movie soundtrack. The difference between these re-issues and the original versions is very clear. Every single song has been completely re-mastered. Extra material, such as songs and videos, have been added to each album. Each album includes previously unpublished photographs of the singer and complete lyrics. In addition, those closest to her contributed recorded commentary - her husband Chris Pérez, her siblings A. B. Quintanilla III who was also her producer, Suzette Quintanilla, and her father Abraham Quintanilla Jr. This commentary, produced by Suzette Quintanilla, relates the story of the songs from the point of view of Selena's band and her family members.
Selena “20 Años de Música” in its third phase features the release of her greatest hits in an album titled “Ones!” with 20 of her most popular songs. Also, a special edition of “Ones!” will include a DVD with a collection of audio-remastered videos at 5.1and the documentary “Selena Remembered,” which is narrated by the famed actor Edward James Olmos, who personified the singer's father, Abraham Quintanilla Jr., in the unforgettable bio-pic, “Selena.”
The legacy of Selena reaches beyond the millions of albums, or the numerous awards she obtained such as the Grammy, Premios Lo Nuestro, Billboard and Tejano Music Awards. Selena wrote one of the greatest chapters of Hispanic music in the world, because she sparked interest in Latin music produced in the United States, and made it universal, among people of all ages, cultures and social classes.
Selena “20 Años de Música” retraces the career of one of the 5 best-selling Latin artists in the United States, and highlights the most outstanding moments of Selena's historical contributions to the world of music.
The collection is divided into three phases and hits retail on three different dates:
Phase 1: August 27 is the release date for the re-issue of her first five albums
· Selena (1989) which includes, among others, her hits “Sukiyaki” and “La Bamba” as a bonus track, the latter being her first hit on the Billboard singles chart.
· Mis Primeros Éxitos (1990) With songs like “Costumbres, ” “Dame un Beso” and “Quiero.” This is the first time this album will be available in CD format. (WEBMASTER: This is not correct, it was available for CD in 1990)
· Ven Conmigo (1990) This album includes the video “No Quiero Saber” and songs like “Baila Esta Cumbia” and “Ya Ves, ” plus two bonus tracks with versions of “Enamorada de Tí” and “No Quiero Saber.”
· Entre a mi Mundo (1992) In addition to the videos “La Carcacha” and “Buenos Amigos,” the duet with Álvaro Torres, this album contains unforgettable tracks like “Vuelve a Mi” and the song that would become her calling card, “Como La Flor.”
· Live (1993) The album that made her a Grammy winner, with live versions of her hits and studio classics “No Debes Jugar” and “La Llamada.”.
Phase 2: On September 24 the following four albums will be released
· Amor Prohibido (1994) Her best-selling Spanish album that features her super hits “No Me Queda Más,” “Amor Prohibido,” “El Chico del Apartamento 512,” “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom,” “Techno Cumbia” and others. Plus videos of “Amor Prohibido,” “No Me Queda Más” and “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom.”
· Dreaming of You (1995) Selena's English album, with more than 4 million copies sold, includes the unforgettable “I Could Fall In Love” and “Dreaming of You,” along with the two songs' videos.
· Live: The Last Concert (2001) The historic concert, where the singer drew 65,000 spectators in the Houston Astrodome in 1995, is relived with the re-issues of 13 songs, including live versions of her biggest hits.
· Soundtrack / Movie – Selena (1997) The songs from the bio-pic in which she was personified by Jennifer Lopez, which recount the interesting story of her life and career.
Phase 3: On October 1 Selena “20 Years of Music - Ones!” goes on sale.
This compilation contains the singer's 20 most popular songs with extra surprises for her fans. A special edition will also be released that includes a DVD with a collection of videos remastered at 5.1, and the documentary of her life narrated by none other than Edward James Olmos, the famed actor who played her father, Abraham Quintanilla Jr., in the movie “Selena. ”
Selena: 20 Años de Música
The collection consists of three phases, with the sentiment of those who were with her during her career and shared with her the fabulous legacy of her artistic life. All of it in their own words, with videos, new pictures… Every single one of the albums that comprise the new and most complete discography of Selena are treasured keepsakes. A world-class re-issue, in celebration of the career of one the most important Hispanic singers of our times, an unforgettable legend.
Celebrating 20 Years Of Music -
Take Home The Entire Collection with FREE Shipping! *
* with purchase of $25 or more.